Tactical Tech is a registered Dutch Stichting, an international non-profit organisation with an office in Berlin, Germany.
RSIN (legal entities & Partnerships Identification Number): 8123 31 606
Tactical Tech's ANBI Certification from the Netherlands Tax Authorities (an English translation can be found here) and the ANBI standard form for publication.
Tactical Tech is governed by the Supervisory Board. As a registered Dutch Stichting, the organisation has a two-tier system in line with Dutch law. This is composed of a Supervisory Board and a Management Board. Members of both boards form the Executive Committee that meets regularly to review the running of the organisation.
The Supervisory Board is responsible for supervising the general course of affairs of the organisation and for advising the Management Board. The Supervisory Board is unpaid. There is a Chair and a Treasurer position.
Their tasks include:
- Oversight of the performance, health and effectiveness of the organisation.
- Approval of the strategy, the annual audit, accounts and budgets.
- Appointing, suspending and dismissing members of the Supervisory Board, the Managing Board and the Executive Director.
- Assessing the performance, and determining the remuneration and other employment conditions of the Executive Director.
The Supervisory Board consists of at least five and at most seven members. New members are recruited via open call, and current members can be seen here.
The Management Board comprises of two members, who are currently the founders of the organisation, Stephanie Hankey and Marek Tuszynski. This is an unpaid position that reports to the Supervisory Board and is responsible for giving members of the Supervisory board the information they need to conduct their roles.
The day-to-day running of the organisation is delegated to the Executive Director, who is supported by an Executive Team. This team manages the core functions of the organisation, including Finance, HR and Program Activities.
Board members do not receive financial remuneration for their work as members of the Tactical Tech board, apart from relevant expenses.
Salaries of staff members, including the directors, are calculated at a competitive rate for international NGOs and are scaled according to experience, qualifications, skills and responsibilities.
Past Financial and Annual Reports
- Financial Statement 2021 and Annual Report 2021
- Financial Statement 2020 and Annual Report 2020
- Financial Statement 2019 and Annual Report 2019 with accompanying Supervisory Board Statement
- Financial Statement 2018 and Annual Report 2018
- Financial Statement and Annual Report 2017
- Financial Statement and Annual Report 2016
- Financial Statement and Annual Report 2015
- Financial Statement and Annual Report 2014
- Design: Ida Flik
- Development: Laurent Dellere
- Development: Jacopo Anderlini
- Design and development: Cade Diehm
- Design and development: Yiorgos Bagakis
- Editorial and content: Daisy Kidd
- Editorial and content: Christy Lange
- Editorial and content: Alexander Ockenden
- UX design and planning: Safa Ghnaim